|Initial Consultation, by Phone or Virtual|
Since having my two daughters, I understand first hand how important quality legal representation is when it comes to your family. Being a family law attorney has given me true gratification as I have the opportunity to help reshape the dynamics of family relationships during significant life changes due to divorces, custody and paternity determinations, and parental rights terminations.
I began working in the legal field in 2009, after receiving my Juris Doctor from Texas Southern University. Before earning my JD, I received my BBA and MBA from Sam Houston State University in 2004 and 2005. Since I can remember, I have always wanted to become a lawyer. As a young student, I frequently researched criminal and civil cases, and watching recorded trials, which interested me the most. The dynamic of a trial is something that has always been intriguing to me. I had the opportunity to attend the High School for Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, as I was interested in criminal justice law at the time. Once I began pursuing my career, there were no other options than to become the advocate I am today.
I am a Houston native and proud fan of the Texans, although it can be quite stressful at times. Although being a mother and career woman take priority in my life, I find time to dedicate to Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association, assisting Veterans and low-income individuals with family and probate legal matters, in addition to serving on the Board of Directors for Multicultural Education and Counseling through the Arts (MECA). Through MECA, the Houston community is provided educational and cultural arts resources, focusing on our community’s multicultural needs. When I’m stepping away from all legal matters, I get to enjoy traveling and the outdoors by scuba diving, camping, and hiking. I have traveled to, and scuba dived in Jamaica, Honduras, Mexico, and Aruba. I am grateful to have the opportunities to enjoy my family, my passions, and clients’ joy by being a family law attorney at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, and I look forward to representing you.
Connect with Angela
• Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2020–Present
• Managing Attorney, Houston Immigration Law Firm, 2010-2019
• Principal Attorney, Reese Law Group, 2009 - 2011
• Property Tax Consultant, Novotny and Company Property Tax Consultants, 2009-2010
• Law Clerk, Harris County District Attorney's Office, 2008-2009
• Law Clerk, Texas Attorney General, 2009
• Law Clerk, Craig Washington Law Firm, 2008-2009
• Texas Southern University, J.D., 2009
• Sam Houston State University, M.B.A., 2005
• Sam Houston State University, B.A., 2004
• Houston Bar Association, Member
• Hometown: Houston, Texas
• Favorite sports team: Houston Texans
• I've scuba dived in Jamaica, Honduras, Mexico and Aruba