I did not always want to be an attorney. While astronaut, professional dancer, and Broadway star made the list of potential careers, for as long as I can remember science and medicine were my passions. Even throughout college I was dead-set on going to medical school. After I graduated from college, I worked in the medical field and realized my love for science and medicine was in reality, a compulsion to help others. I reevaluated my life goals and took the LSAT. Immediately, I knew I was in love with the law. Throughout law school my main driver was being able to meet others in their time of crisis and help them navigate through it.
I chose Baylor Law School because of the program’s emphasis on trial ready attorneys and dedication to making sure each future lawyer has the skills necessary for a successful practice. While at Baylor, I also discovered a love for writing and drafting. I wrote onto Baylor Law Review in my first year and ultimately wrote an article which was published my last quarter at Baylor. I also reignited my passion for spoken advocacy through participation in moot court competitions and especially while in Baylor’s infamous Practice Court program. Combined, Baylor helped me not only refine my skills as a tenacious advocate but also cultivate legal drafting skills necessary for well-rounded and comprehensive representation of my clients.
I started my legal career practicing insurance defense and coverage. That practice eventually grew to include personal injury and insurance defense. While I enjoyed cutting my teeth on highly disputed multimillion dollar matters, I sought a more client facing role where I could incorporate my skills not only as a determined advocate, but as a gentle counselor. I joined the Walters Gilbreath team in 2021 and have loved every second of expanding my legal profession. I enjoy working closely with and fighting fiercely for my clients. I am committed to helping my clients achieve a sustainable, stable, and secure future. I look forward to helping you navigate rough waters with confidence to achieve a promising future.
Connect with Chloe
• Baylor Law School, J.D., 2016-2018
• Baylor University, B.S., Biochemistry, 2009-2013
- Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2021-Present
- Law Clerk, Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith 2018-2019
- Associate Attorney, Lewis Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith, 2019
- Associate Attorney, Taunton, Snyder & Parish, 2019-2021
- Associate Attorney, Walker, Wilcox, Matousek, 2021
- Vice President 1L Class, Baylor Student Bar Association, 2016
- Associate Editor, 2016-2017
- Senior Executive Editor, Baylor Law Review 2017-2018
- Order of the Barrister, Baylor Barrister Society, 2016-2018
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2021-Present
- Baylor Law School Dawson & Sodd Moot Court Competition Champion 2016
- “Raising Constitutional Eyebrows on Private Takings and Due Course of Law: Where Do We Go From Here?” 70 Baylor L. Rev. 666 (2018)
- Hometown: Beaumont, Texas
- Favorite Sports Team: Baylor Bears (Sic em) also Houston Astros
- Studied at St. Andrews University in Scotland
- Frequent runner of Half Marathons in Disney World
- Trained ballerina (1994-2006)