Like many, I did not always evision being a family lawyer. After receiving my bachelors from the University of Texas at Austin, I joined a private equity firm with large entrepreneurial goals. I quickly discovered that my progress would always be dependent on extremely expensive corporate lawyers unless I learned to apply the law myself. When that firm was abruptly acquired and dissolved, I followed this lesson to law school, receiving my J.D. from Baylor in 2014.
During my time at Baylor, I fell into mock trial by chance and was immediately drawn to litigation and courtroom advocacy. After several years in a high level personally injury firm, I discovered a passion for family law, one shared by my wife Jessica Davis, Of Counsel to Walters Gilbreath, PLLC. There is nothing more precious than family relationships. The application of the law can threaten or save families, and attorneys have the privilege of fighting for what matters most. I look forward to seeing how I can fight for you.
Connect with Clay
• Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2014
• University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2009
• Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2021–Present
• Associate Attorney, Janicek Law, 2016-2021
•Black Russian Terrier named Eleanor, a Poodle named Charlie
• I'm such a dyed-in-the-wool Longhorn that, until the recent pandemic, I had perfect attendance at every University of Texas football home game in my lifetime.