Mary Kate Brown,
Several years ago, in the midst of my own divorce, a lawyer gave me my power back; I spent the next seven years working so I can help others to stand up for themselves as well.
In that time, I earned my undergraduate degree from Concordia University and my Juris Doctorate from St. Mary’s University School of Law, all while interning, leading The St. Mary’s Law Journal as the Executive Editor, and raising my two children. After graduation I began working at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, as a Law Clerk. Upon passing the bar exam, I was immediately promoted from Law Clerk to Associate Attorney and have been working as a lawyer ever since.
As someone who has been divorced, I understand that my clients are entrusting me with what may be the most important and difficult moments of their lives. As such, I work to ensure my clients feel confident and heard, and that they have the tools necessary to start over. Most people do have what they need for a fresh start; they simply need a bit of help to use it.
Family Law matters might feel like jumping into the unknown, but I am proof that those jumps can be the best moves you’ll ever make. Several years ago, I felt like I had no direction; today, I am an attorney at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, an active member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society, and a mother of two in a loving and supportive marriage. When you’re ready to start, I’ll be here to guide you every step of the way.
• Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019–Present
• Law Clerk, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019
• Teaching Assistant, St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2018
• Legal Intern, Texas Court Of Appeals, 2018
• Law Clerk, Hays County District Attorney, 2017
• Substitute Teacher, Wimberley Independent School District, 2016
• Clinical and Financial Coordinator, Dripping Springs Healthy Smiles, PLLC, 2009–2011
• Lead Dental Assistant, Dripping Springs Dental Ctr, 2003–2009
• St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., 2016–2019
• Concordia University, B.A., 2012–2015
• Volunteer, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2019—Present
• Member, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society, 2017—Present
• Executive Articles Editor, St. Mary’s Journal on Legal Malpractice & Ethics 2018—2019
• Staff Writer, St. Mary’s Law Journal, 2017—2018.
• Hometown: Wimberley, Texas
• Favorite sports team: New Orleans Saints
• Mother to two children, Elise Marie and Billy
• Enjoys geocaching (modern-day treasure hunting)
Meet the Rest of the Team