|Initial Consultation, by Phone or Virtual|
“He was always very well prepared, and always one step ahead. I had very high expectations when I chose an attorney and Robert not only didn’t disappoint in any area during my case, but he exceeded my expectations.”
—Michael, Client of the Firm
Senior Associate Attorney
My educational endeavors and my career in law have both been bolstered by my ability to analyze and work toward large-scale goals while still scrutinizing the smallest details. It is this eye for detail that helped me to earn an all-expenses-paid scholarship to study abroad at Bejing Jiaotong University for a semester as well as the distinction of graduating with honors from Purdue University.
After obtaining my undergraduate degree from Purdue, I attended Baylor Law School. I supplemented my education with competitions and internships, including the National Health Care Law Moot Court competition and the Transactional Law Meet team, and interning with the Honorable Judge McFarland in the 133rd District Court in Houston. These experiences sharpened the skills I use to this day when working on behalf of my clients.
Advocating for those who cannot advocate for themselves, by exploring complex legal, moral, and philosophical issues, is the most rewarding aspect of my work. From preserving the parent-child relationship in cases that involve false abuse allegations to helping spouses traverse the emotional process of divorce, I am proud to see the positive impact my work makes in my clients’ lives. If you find yourself in a difficult situation, I will fight vigilantly on your behalf.
Connect with Robert
• Senior Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2016–Present
• Attorney, Engvall & Lopez, LLP, 2014–2016
• Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2011–2014
• Purdue University, B.S., 2008–2010
• Super Lawyers – Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2020, 2021
• Avvo – Client Choice, 2018, 2020
• Volunteer, Houston Zoo, 2015—Present
• Member, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, 2015—present
• Trivia Night Committee Co-Chair, Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2014—2017
• Hometown: Dallas, Texas
• Favorite sports team: Houston Rockets
• Climbed Kilimanjaro and has the frost nip to prove it
• Worked on an alpaca farm in New Zealand
• Rehabilitated penguins in Cape Town, South Africa