Director of Legal Operations
I am a native Houstonian but have loved calling Austin home since working for Walters Gilbreath brought me here back in 2018. After graduating from Memorial High School in Houston, I left Texas for California for an opportunity to study at UCLA. I graduated from UCLA summa cum laude in 2013 with my B.A. in Communication Studies and was also inducted into Phi Beta Kappa at that time. I loved living in California, but Texas is my home.
I decided during college that my particular talents and skills would be best used in pursuit of a career as an attorney, so I began my legal career at the University of Texas School of Law just a few months after finishing up at UCLA. I graduated from UT with my J.D. in 2016 after getting to spend an unforgettable semester of my third year studying abroad at Queen Mary University of London. I love being an attorney – particularly a family law attorney – but at my core, what I really love is helping others.
After spending three years assisting clients as an associate attorney at Walters Gilbreath, I was offered the opportunity to become the firm’s Director of Legal Operations. In this role, I’m supporting the firm’s attorneys and helping them be as successful as possible in their professional lives. I am well aware of the unique challenges facing family law attorneys – I’ve been there! – and I truly feel so grateful to be able to provide support and encouragement for our legal team as they fight for our clients.
Connect with Stephanie
• Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2018–Present
• Associate Attorney, Gregg & Valby, LLP, 2016–2018
• The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2013–2016
• Queen Mary University of London, 2015
• University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2009–2013
• Member, Phi Beta Kappa, 2013—Present
• Provisional Member, Junior League of Austin, 2019—Present
• Member, Tri Delta, 2009—2013
• Collegiate Alumni-Relations Chair, Tri Delta, 2012
• Academic Chair, Tri Delta, 2011
- Volunteer, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2018—Present
- Active Member of the Junior League of Austin, 2019—Present
• Hometown: Houston, Texas
• Favorite sports team: UCLA Bruins
• Worked at a record company/music management company
• Two dogs, Riley and Mimi