|Initial Consultation, by Phone or Virtual|
Hard work has always been a guiding principle in my life. In 2008 and 2009, in addition to working at a retirement home and with the Harris County Street Olympics program, I offered free tutoring sessions in a range of subjects to children who either needed a little help or who had learning or behavioral differences. Later, while pursuing my undergraduate degree, I maintained a spot on the Dean’s List as well as membership for the Honor’s College, all while working my way through school.
In January of 2017, my grandmother had a sudden heart attack and passed away two months after cancer took my grandfather. Until this moment, her heart had been perfectly healthy. As my family struggled to find closure with her abrupt passing, it became clear to me that not everyone is lucky enough to have a supportive home that loves each other and grieves together. I realized then that I could help families by sharpening my legal skills and supporting them while they seek counsel. Now, at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, I serve our clients not only as a confidant but also as a shoulder to lean on.
I am proud to be part of such a hard-working firm that genuinely cares about its clients. Working in family law is extremely trying, taxing, and exhausting, but every moment is worth it. Give us a call and experience the comprehensive and caring counsel of Walters Gilbreath for yourself.
Connect with Raya
• Litigation Manager, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2015–Present
• Library Assistant, Houston College of Law, 2013–2015
• Legal Assistant, Lance Hamm Law Firm, 2011–2015
• South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2013–2016
• University of Houston, B.A., 2011–2013
• Volunteer, Washington Chapel Baptist Church
• Volunteer, Harris County Street Olympics
• Volunteer, New Mount Zion Baptist Church
• University of Houston & South Texas College of Law Alumni
• Texas Bar College Family Law Division
• Top Ladies of America
• Hometown: Houston, TX
• Favorite sports team: The Houston Rockets
• Freelance novelist
• One dog, Lola
• Avid painter