Chief Executive Officer
I was born in Canada but quickly found my way to Texas and never left. I began working in family law while studying communications and business at the University of Texas in Austin. I began my career, while still attending undergrad in the non-profit sector. I have worked in family law for over 17 years, beginning my career as a runner and clerk, then as a paralegal and now in the management of the firm. I have worked for boutique family law firms that specialize in high conflict litigation and complex property division, but my greatest strength was always building and nurturing relationships with clients, staff, opposing counsel and Court personnel. After many years of working behind the scenes, I transitioned to supporting the managing partners by overseeing the operations of the firm as Chief Executive Officer.
I have written and presented articles for various continuing legal education seminars including the Ultimate Trial Notebook, Advanced Family Law Drafting, and Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar.
Outside of the office my pride and joy are my family: being a wife to James “Jake” Gilbreath and a mom to our three small children. I enjoy serving my community and currently serve as a member of the Junior League of Austin. I am also heavily involved in Imagine A Way which provides funding and resources to families with children on the autism spectrum. I am on the executive board of directors, board of directors, serve as Secretary, committee chair to the family selection committee and have served in years past on the annual gala committees and as liaison to the ambassador committee. Additionally, I have served on the fundraising committee and been the Chair of the annual fundraiser for the Capitol School of Austin.
Jake and I have been so blessed in our lives and one of my greatest joys is working in our committee to provide hope and support to those less fortunate.
• Chief Executive Officer, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2020–Present
• Chief Operating Officer, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019–2020
• Paralegal, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2017–2019
• Paralegal, Law Office of Janet McCullar, P.C., 2004–2017
• The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2002–2006
- Capital Area Paralegal Association Continuing Legal Education seminar
- Ultimate Trial Notebook
- Advanced Family Law Drafting
• Ultimate Trial Notebook
• Advanced Family Law Drafting
- Executive Board of Directors, Secretary, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Board of Directors, Imagine a Way, 2019—Present
- Board of Directors Liaison to Ambassador Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Gala Planning Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Member, The Junior League of Austin, 2019—Present
- Fundraising Committee Member, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019, 2019—2020
- Gala Chair, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019
- Community Empowerment Award, Washington Chapel MBC, 2022
• Hometown: Calgary, Canada
• Wife to Jake and mother to two small (wild!) kids
• Advocates for children with special needs
• Wanted to be a consumer reporter for Dateline as a child
• Collects art books and books about travel
• Tap danced as a child and considered trying out for the Rockettes but was 1 inch too short!