Chief Operating Officer
I was born in Canada but quickly found my way to Texas and never left. I began working in family law while studying communications and business at the University of Texas in Austin. I love the challenges of working on complex cases and enjoy working closely with clients. I have worked in family law for over 14 years. After many years of working behind the scenes, I transitioned to supporting the partners with overseeing the operations of the firm as Chief Operating Officer and continue to serve as a paralegal on select cases.
I have presented at and written articles for various continuing legal education seminars including the Ultimate Trial Notebook, Advanced Family Law Drafting, and Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar.
Outside of the office my pride and joy are my family: being a wife to James “Jake” Gilbreath and a mom to our two small children. I enjoy serving my community and am a member of the Junior League of Austin, I’m on the board of directors for Imagine A Way, and I’m on the fundraising committee for the Capitol School of Austin.
• Chief Operating Officer, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019–Present
• Paralegal, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2017–Present
• Paralegal, Law Office of Janet McCullar, P.C., 2004–2017
• The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2002–2006
- Capital Area Paralegal Association Continuing Legal Education seminar
- Ultimate Trial Notebook
- Advanced Family Law Drafting
• Ultimate Trial Notebook
• Advanced Family Law Drafting
- Executive Board of Directors, Secretary, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Board of Directors, Imagine a Way, 2019—Present
- Board of Directors Liaison to Ambassador Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Gala Planning Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Member, The Junior League of Austin, 2019—Present
- Fundraising Committee Member, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019, 2019—2020
- Gala Chair, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019
• Hometown: Calgary, Canada
• Wife to Jake and mother to two small (wild!) kids
• Advocates for children with special needs
• Wanted to be a consumer reporter for Dateline as a child
• Collects art books and books about travel
• Tap danced as a child and considered trying out for the Rockettes but was 1 inch too short!