Chief Executive Officer
I was born in Canada but quickly found my way to Texas and never left. I began working in family law while studying communications and business at the University of Texas in Austin. I love the challenges of working on complex cases and enjoy working closely with clients. I have worked in family law for over 16 years. After many years of working behind the scenes, I transitioned to supporting the partners with overseeing the operations of the firm as Chief Executive Officer and continue to serve as a paralegal on select cases.
I have presented and written articles for various continuing legal education seminars including the Ultimate Trial Notebook, Advanced Family Law Drafting, and Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar.
Outside of the office my pride and joy are my family: being a wife to James “Jake” Gilbreath and a mom to our three small children. I enjoy serving my community and am a member of the Junior League of Austin where I volunteer with Mother's Milk Bank. I am heavily involved in Imagine A Way which provides financing and resources to families with children on the autism spectrum. I’m on the executive board of directors, board of directors, serve as Secretary, am the board liaison to the young ambassador committee and am on the gala committee. Additionally, I've served on the fundraising committee and been the Chair of the annual fundraiser for the Capitol School of Austin. Jake and I have been so blessed in our lives and one of my greatest joys is working in our committee to provide hope and support to those less fortunate.
• Chief Executive Officer, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2020-Present
• Chief Operating Officer, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019–2020
• Paralegal, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2017–2019
• Paralegal, Law Office of Janet McCullar, P.C., 2004–2017
• The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2002–2006
- Capital Area Paralegal Association Continuing Legal Education seminar
- Ultimate Trial Notebook
- Advanced Family Law Drafting
• Ultimate Trial Notebook
• Advanced Family Law Drafting
- Executive Board of Directors, Secretary, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Board of Directors, Imagine a Way, 2019—Present
- Board of Directors Liaison to Ambassador Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Gala Planning Committee, Imagine a Way, 2020—Present
- Member, The Junior League of Austin, 2019—Present
- Fundraising Committee Member, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019, 2019—2020
- Gala Chair, The Capitol School of Austin, 2018—2019
• Hometown: Calgary, Canada
• Wife to Jake and mother to two small (wild!) kids
• Advocates for children with special needs
• Wanted to be a consumer reporter for Dateline as a child
• Collects art books and books about travel
• Tap danced as a child and considered trying out for the Rockettes but was 1 inch too short!