Client Development Manager
I have worked closely with attorneys that practiced in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits. I have also worked closely with the preparation of cases for the United States Supreme Court. I have over 20 years experience in several areas of law including: Federal, Criminal Law, Criminal Appellate Law, Immigration, Personal Injury, Probate, and Family.
I started to crave a more personal and caring approach to the law. With this in mind, I set out to find a firm that had genuine care and concern for clients, and started a career with Walters Gilbreath, PLLC. Our approach with clients is different and more personal which I love; we treat clients like family during difficult times. Walters Gilbreath, PLLC not only advocates for the rights of those who cannot advocate for themselves, but we do our best to strengthen and repair family ties that have been strained or severed. WG is the first firm I've worked with that had a TEAM just to monitor the clients experience with the firm. Walters Gilbreath, PLLC participates in community events and giving back to the community consistently on and off camera.
I make time for volunteering at various community events and churches, working with the Southeast Precinct Judges Council, and in the Houston community, organizing youth programs, working closely with area schools and participating as an active member of the Top Ladies of Distinction, and volunteering with various organizations. My mother was a breast cancer survivor, so I also participate with breast cancer awareness and giving back to those families. It is important that you know that there are really good, genuine people in roles that work with you when transitioning through difficult times.
• Administrative Manager, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2016–Present
• Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary, Lance C. Hamm, PLLC Firm, 2015–2016
• Legal Secretary, Ledbetter Anderson & Associates, 2012–2015
• Hargest Vocational College, Paralegal Certificate, 1990
• Community Director for Outreach, WCMB Youth Ministries
• Sunday School Administrator and Youth Coordinator, Ignighting God’s Vision Ministry
• City of Houston Employee Reference Guide, 1998
• Top Ladies of Distinctions
• Southeast Precinct Judges Council
• Hometown: Houston, TX
• Three dogs, Bishop, Blue, and Sampson
• Married for 20 years
• My daughter, Raya, works with me at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC
• Business owner