After high school, I attended college to complete my studies as a Paralegal. I was blessed to work at several different law firms in client acquisition and retention, administrative management, and collections, and as a legal assistant.
For 15 years, I worked closely with attorneys that practiced in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits. I even assisted in the preparation of cases for the United States Supreme Court.
Although I was happy in these roles, I started to crave a more personal and caring approach to the law. With this in mind, I set out to find a firm that had genuine care and concern for clients, and I found Walters Gilbreath, PLLC.
I can honestly say that we treat clients like family. This firm is my family—and I am not just saying that because my daughter works here too! At Walters Gilbreath, not only do we advocate for the rights of those who cannot advocate for themselves, but we do our best to strengthen and repair family ties that have been strained or severed.
In my free time, I enjoy volunteering at various churches, working with the Southeast Precinct Judges Council, campaigning for candidates who will better the Houston community, organizing youth programs, participating as an active member of the Top Ladies of Distinction, running a catering and party-planning company with my very supportive husband, and volunteering with various political organizations.
• Administrative Manager, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2016–Present
• Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary, Lance C. Hamm, PLLC Firm, 2015–2016
• Legal Secretary, Ledbetter Anderson & Associates, 2012–2015
• Hargest Vocational College, Paralegal Certificate, 1990
• Community Director for Outreach, WCMB Youth Ministries
• Sunday School Administrator and Youth Coordinator, Ignighting God’s Vision Ministry
• City of Houston Employee Reference Guide, 1998
• Top Ladies of Distinctions
• Southeast Precinct Judges Council
• Hometown: Houston, TX
• Three dogs, Bishop, Blue, and Sampson
• Married for 20 years
• My daughter, Raya, works with me at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC
• Business owner
Meet the Rest of the Team