In the Fall of 2015, I began my journey at Baylor Law School, and my love for law—particularly family law—took root. I joined the Editorial Board of the Baylor Law Review, won the 2016-2017 Baylor Law School Family Law Advocacy Award from the Baylor University School of Law for excellence in family advocacy, competed in interscholastic and national moot court competitions, and even placed in the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition.
Although I am appreciative of the awards and activities, my most gratifying experience was participating in the annual Baylor Public Interest Legal Society’s Adoption Day Celebration. In this event, my team at Baylor hosted over 30 adoption ceremonies, as well as a party for the new families. Watching these children enter into homes that would love, appreciate, and support them forever after years of being unrooted solidified my passion for and dedication to family law.
I obtained my license to practice law in Texas, and began my professional career in personal injury law. Now, as an attorney at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, I’m happy to be back in family law, my true love in the legal profession. I look forward to aiding you and your family in whatever challenges you may face so that you can confidently move your life in a more positive direction.
• Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2019–Present
• Attorney, Zinda Law Group, PLLC, 2018–2019
• Law Clerk, Zinda Law Group, PLLC, 2018–2018
• Summer Law Clerk, Texas Attorney General, 2017–2017
• Summer Law Clerk, Blizzard & Nabers, LLP, 2017–2017
• Legal Intern, YMCA International Services, 2016–2016
• Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2015–2018
• The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2011–2014
• Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2018—Present
• Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2018—Present
• Member, American Association for Justice, 2018—Present
• Senior Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review, 2017—2018
• Member, Baylor Law Review, 2016—2018
• Member, Baylor Public Interest Legal Society, 2015—2018
• Member, Longhorn Bar Association, 2015—2018
• Baylor Law School Family Law Advocacy Award, Baylor University School of Law, 2018
• Strasburger & Price Moot Court Competition, Baylor Law School and Strasburger & Price, LLP, 2016
• Magna Cum Laude, Baylor University School of Law, 2018
• Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas
• Favorite sports team: Texas Longhorns—Hook ‘Em Horns!
• Collects Harry Potter books from different countries
• Ranked 5 of 98 of my law school class
• Born in a suburb of Toronto, Ontario