|Initial Consultation, by Phone or Virtual|
If you asked me to describe the law, I would say it most resembles a puzzle, and that is what excites me the most about working as a family attorney. Each case I work is different from the last, and every step brings clients and counsel closer to piecing together the big picture. Being an attorney has allowed me to focus on the creative, gratifying work of helping people through some of the toughest times of their lives.
I grew up in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, and studied International Security and minored in Arabic and Middle Eastern studies. Following my Bachelor of Arts, I earned my JD from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in May 2018. Becoming a lawyer wasn’t just a great career on paper; I wanted a job that I could go home feeling good about. Most people only need a lawyer when something has gone wrong, and keeping this in mind allows me to help people through difficult times and know that my efforts have made a difference.
During college, I studied abroad in Turkey for my senior year. That trip really opened my eyes to diversity and adversity. I returned to the states to begin my career with my eyes wide open, ready to employ an empathetic approach to others’ problems. Today, I apply my passion for history, culture, and of the world to my work here at Walters Gilbreath, PLLC. I look forward to guiding you and your family through your family law matters.
Connect with Sydney
• Associate Attorney, Walters Gilbreath, PLLC, 2020–Present
• Associate Attorney, Zinda Law Group, 2018-2020
• Licensed Legal Intern, Laird Hammons Laird, PLLC, 2016-2018
• University of Oklahoma, College of Law, J.D., 2018
• University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2015
• Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018-Present
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018-Present
• Austin Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section, Member, 2018-2020
• Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2018-2020
• Hometown: Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
• Favorite sports teams: Oklahoma Sooners & Minnesota Vikings
• I have two cats, Boots & Savvy
• I'm a quarter Lebanese and grew up making and enjoying traditional Middle Eastern food for holidays